Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not so authentic Spanish Seafood Paella



After the first taste of this very pricey Spanish Paella at one of the Spring Markets some time back, I've finally decided to give a try in making my own version of Paella.

Mine is obviously NOT authentic. There're way too many ingredients that I dont have. Lets see..

  1. I didnt use the recommended short/medium grain rice that is suppose to absorb all the flavours of the ingredients. Instead, I used long grain rice.
  2. Saffron is normally used. But it's so pricey and i'll probably only use it this very once. Unless I want to try a hand in making briani??
  3. Obviously I do not have the flat paella pan, that is suppose to be used to produce that dry and firm separate grains of rice. But my pan served us well. I did not end up with a creamy paella. Well done my trusty ol' non-stick pan!!
  4. Traditionally paella is eaten as lunch, but who cares!! I'm having it for dinner!! The leftovers for lunch. But traditionally, paella should be eaten immediately after its cooked. And guests are to wait for the rice to be cooked, not the other way round. So.. I'm quater authentic!

Despite being almost totally non-authentic. My version of paella, didnt taste too bad. And like the authentic one, mine did have those 'burnt' crispy bits at the bottom. It's deemed a delicacy, but somehow looks a little cancer causing in my opinion. oopps! But it does taste good i must admit. Afterall.. what's yummy, is usually not good for health. Isn't it??

oinked on 1:12 PM

Comments: Post a Comment

..Blogs..

..Archives..

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011



..Thanks to..