Monday, November 02, 2009
HAPPY 23rd MasterChef BIRTHDAY
Celebrated a Masterchef Birthday. In the midst of the birthday markets trip and Halloween, Baby Wombat and Baby Koala paid a visit to the legendary dessert chef Adriano Zumbo's patisserie.

Tried the NY Cheesecake, and the Lemon Meringue Tart. It was... alright.. I've discovered that I don't like meringue. I dont like foamy stuff. **bleh**
Dinner was spent at the all famous Matt Moran's ARIA restaurant. Yummilicious!!

The entree was fantastic. There's nothing bad about the entrees. The spices with the tender juicy scallops were GREAT, accompanied by cripsy prawn crips! A great rendition of the chinese roast pork was done with the pork belly, giving well defined 3 layers (skin, fats, meat). It didn't taste too oily and fatty, with the skin really crispy, and the meat not too dry and hard. The pork croquette was juicy inside and crispy outside. Even the pears were fantastic!
The mains were pretty tasty, except for that green sauce on the steak. The chargrill made the steak taste a little bitter, but alls well. The sides of mushrooms and tomatoes were GREAT! The trevalle (a type of fish) had really crispy skin while still maintaining really sweet and juicy meat. The side with chestnut mushroom was really cute and tasted really good. Then again, I love mushrooms.. **bias**
I'd give the dessert a go though. First time having panna cotta & souffle. Don't fancy Souffle (thought souffle is a kind of soft cake! It's not. It's very...foamy), but the panna cotta was good! First time having rhubarb as well! Thought it'd taste like a vegetable or something, but it was really sweettt~~
Finally, the complimentary birthday platter was... interesting. There was a rendition of quay lapis, some kind of jelly thing (raspberry jelly), and chocolate. The chocolate was GOOD!! Think it is hazel nut dark chocolate. Then again, I love dark chocolate.. **bias**
oinked on 11:18 PM