Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Guess where I went yesterday? **drumroll** BUGIS!!! yes.. bugis AGAIN... ARGH!!!!!! getting sick of that place.... wanted to buy sm stuff... but wasnt in the mood for shopping.. (still not feeling well)

but bought... BRA!!!! hahaha!!! happy~~~ lolz!!! mindy dear... i bought them without u.. haha!



got this off September issue of CLEO magazine..

"Dooce" a new word coined to mean being fired from your work due to inappropriate blogging.

When and why did you start blogging about work? Did you know it's something you were not supposed to do?
I started blogging about work at my last full-time job in Los Angeles... The job was steady, well-paying work.... I hated what I was doing. That's when i started to write about my frustration on my website. I was naive, and because I wasn't using anyone's name or identifying my company in any way, I thought I was safe and justified.

Did your blog entries justify your dismissal?
.... It was obvious from what I had written that I was really unhappy at that job. Nevertheless, I wrote the things I did as a way to find the humour in a life-choking job. But I never wrote anything with malicious intent. I did not reveal any trade secrets or violate a contract. I think my employers could have given me a warning.....

.......

Looking back, do you regret what you did and the price you had to pay?
I ty yo live my life looking forward. In that respect, I don't regret anything. Losing the job led me to think about what I really wanted in life......... I feel that I've been forced into becoming a more thoughful friend, a more loving wide, a more selfless mother, and a much better writer.

........

Career pitfalls from the net
Be careful what you're blogging and emailing. The rise of the Internet and blogs have seen more people fired from "misconduct" arising from their blog postings and emails.
Two recent high-profile cases that made the news were Delta Airlines air stewardness, Ellen Simonetti, who was sacked for posting sexy pictures of herself in uniform inside a company airplane; while Google employee, Mark Jen, got dismissed for speculating about his employer's finances in his blog entries.
In the last year, disciplinart cases for email and Internet abuse at work that called for dismissal exceeded those for dishonesty, violence, and health and safety breaches combined worldwide.
But wait, no need to shut down that blog yet. Most of the time, bloggers aren't being fired for blogging - they are being fired for doing something that violates a company policy. So be sure that what you're blogging falls within acceptable boundaries, and consider your blog entries as they affect the way your superiors and colleagues see you.
Before you blog, decide the purpose of your blog; how much and what kind of personal details to include, such as who you are and the industry you're in; how your employer feels about your blog or blogs in general; and how much at risk you think you may be.

oinked on 4:30 AM

Comments: Post a Comment

..Blogs..

..Archives..

September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011



..Thanks to..